I preached this past Sunday at Ambassadors of Christ Fellowship. We are working our way through 1 Peter as a church, looking to see what we can learn about Spiritual Injuries along the way. Download the sermon outline here. Continue reading Sermon | “Spiritual Injuries and the Truth”
I have been preaching for a long time. I do not preach every Sunday at my church. But, I do preach often enough to know that it is not easy. And, it is not something that should be taken lightly by those who bear the responsibility. It takes a great deal of effort and even time to prepare a sermon. Continue reading “Dear Pastor, Write Your Own Sermons!”
This sermon was preached in Spanish on September 4, 2016.
- The unique vision of Ambassadors of Christ Ministries: Spiritual Health.
- What is spiritual health?
- Why do we need to be spiritually healthy?
- Definition of Spiritual Injuries
- A spiritual injury is a contradiction between what I believe to be true and what actually is true.
- How are we healed from our spiritual injuries?
- We must identify the lies we believe and replace them with the truth.
- We must recognize the blind spots that these injuries have created and work to minimize the way they affect our daily lives and faith journey. Continue reading “Sermon | “Spiritual Injuries and Our Hope on God’s Promises””
The pastor of our church will be out of town for the next couple of Sundays. So, I have been asked to preach. Preaching can be a challenging task. Having to study the text, interpret it and then try to find ways of helping the congregation to apply it to their lives can get overwhelming. I have felt this burden before, but it has been … Continue reading I just don’t want to preach this
We are far too concerned with what the world thinks about us, rather than what God has commanded for us to do. Being a Christian is not a popularity contest. Continue reading Tact and Preaching: The Double Edged Sword
What is Fellowship? Fellowship is more than just being in the same room as someone else or even saying “hello” to those that are around us. Fellowship is found not in the halls that we meet nor in the restaurants that have great atmosphere. Fellowship is the sharing of lives. It is coming to a place where those that at one time were strangers to … Continue reading Growing Pains, Pt. 1 | “Fellowship”