Everyone has a story. And many times we diminish the beauty of our own because we compare it to someone else’s. We don’t have to do that. We just have to learn to embrace our own. Continue reading “Through All Of It” – Colton Dixon
2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I … Continue reading Lent 2022 | Day 26: House
The act of hearing is not just allowing the sounds hit the eardrum. The idea is that we are supposed to be engaging our ability to reason. Continue reading Lent 2020 | Day 24: “Awaken”
The loss of any person to tragic circumstances is hard. Even when they are not well know. But there is something about the death of a person whose name many recognize that makes it more shocking. There is the feeling that there was something of us in them. Continue reading On the Death of Kobe Bryant
In order to see the power of hope, we have to remember that it is against the backdrop of the dark spots in life that it shines brightest. Continue reading Lent 2018 | Day #22: Hope
I don’t normally write about politics. There are several reasons. One, I am not a fan of politics in general. Two, it usually starts more arguments than useful conversation. Third, I have better things to write about. But, as I was sitting in my office and thinking about the upcoming election I realized something. Continue reading “5 Reasons the Next President will Disappoint You”
This sermon was preached in Spanish on September 4, 2016.
- The unique vision of Ambassadors of Christ Ministries: Spiritual Health.
- What is spiritual health?
- Why do we need to be spiritually healthy?
- Definition of Spiritual Injuries
- A spiritual injury is a contradiction between what I believe to be true and what actually is true.
- How are we healed from our spiritual injuries?
- We must identify the lies we believe and replace them with the truth.
- We must recognize the blind spots that these injuries have created and work to minimize the way they affect our daily lives and faith journey. Continue reading “Sermon | “Spiritual Injuries and Our Hope on God’s Promises””
“Though he slay me, I will hope in him…” (Job 13:15a ESV) May the surety of you character, O God, allow me to trust you in all things. Continue reading Shane and Shane | “Though You Slay Me”